Once you have checked your plans with your study advisor and with the coordinator at the International Office of the Faculties of Humanities and Theology, complete an application online and attach the required documents (see below). The link to the application and to the universities to which you can apply is at the bottom of this page.
You must attach the following documents in English to your application:
1. Statement of purpose
- Describe yourself
- Describe how you intend to incorporate your exchange studies in your degree programme at Lund Unoversity and how this can benefit your future career
- Anything else you consider worth mentioning
- 1 A4 page
- Written in English or in the language in which you will be studying. If you decide to write in another language than English you also need to upload a Swedish translation.
This is an example of a CV (PDF) for you to use as a source of inspiration. Your CV must also be written in English.
3. Language certificate
Some universities (for example in North America, Australien and New Zeeland) require a proof of your level of language proficiency. You do not need to proof your language proficiency in your application to the International Office of the Faculties of Humanities and Theology at Lund University, however we strongly recommend that you submit some kind of evidence of your language skills in the application to us. If you have an official certificate, you should submit that, otherwise you can for example make test free of charge on the Folkuniversitetet’s webpage. Upload the result in your online application.
4. Study plan
Fill in the Study plan showing which courses you would like to study. Please note that this Study plan is preliminary and that if you are nominated it will most probably be changed when you apply to the host university. It is still important that you complete it as precisely as possible as this allows us to see that you have actually found courses which are suitable for your study programme.
It can be difficult to find course codes and the exact department/faculty offering the course, but you should do your best. What is most important is that you find courses which could be of interest to you, from which you can transfer credits on your return to Lund. You can often find direct links to the websites of the partner universities in the list of the universities to which you can apply.
Remember that this application is addressed to Lund University. If you are nominated, you will make a new application to the host university. You must write a Study plan for each university you apply to.
5. Ladok transcript
Attach a Ladok transcript if you have studied at a university other than Lund University
- Applications are to be made in English. You need to complete your personal details, previous studies, choice of university, etc. Once you have completed your application and uploaded all attachments, click Send. You do not need to submit any paper version of your application.
- The application deadline is 5 March at 24:00 Swedish time.
- Online application
- Find the International Office of the Faculties of Humanities and Theology