Intern at Tsd Translation Services and Documentation GmbH
Intern (male or female) in the field of translating/proof-reading with language skills in Swedish, Danish, Norwegian or Finnish at native-speaker level
Founded in 1978, Tsd Translation Services and Documentation GmbH has more than 35 years of successful business history to look back on. Thanks to our personal and comprehensive approach in the field of language services, we have achieved a place as one of the top 10 service providers in Germany. In addition to translations of all types, our range of services also includes interpreting, dubbing and subtitling, software localisation, transcreation, desktop publishing and much more. You can now become a part of our young and intercultural team by assisting our work as an
Intern (male or female) for 3 months, full-time
at our offices in the hearts of Cologne and Berlin.
For compulsory study-related internships, we are also pleased to offer 6-month placements on a full-time basis.
- Proofreading and translating with and without translation memories in the fields of technology and engineering, economics, medicine, law and IT – including checking their conformity to source texts and customers’ wishes
- Working with various file formats (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, FrameMaker, InDesign, PDF)
- Using translation tools, for instance SDL Trados Studio, Across, Star Transit und Kilgray memoQ
- Updating translation memories
- Cleaning up of files
- Producing your own translations, after successful training
- You are a registered third-level student of translation studies or linguistics for the entire duration of your internship (minimum 2 semesters)
- You have an excellent knowledge of Swedish, Danish, Norwegian or Finish
- You have a sound knowledge of English and German in both spoken and written form; additional foreign language skills are an advantage
- You have an interest in technical, medical and economic subject areas
- Your strengths include a precise, structured and efficient work style, openness to new subject areas and technology, an ability to learn quickly and a good eye for language usage and style
- You are proficient in using MS Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
As part of our young dynamic team, you can look forward to exciting and challenging assignments in an international environment. During your work you will become familiar with the realities of this market while also gaining an insight into the working practices of a language service provider with global operations.
We offer you the opportunity to acquire and expand on skills in CAT (computer aided translation) tools, such as SDL Trados Studio and Across, and the formatting and processing of various file formats.
Are you interested in taking on these challenges as part of our forward-looking team? If your qualifications match those of the profile described above, we would be pleased to receive your application.Please send your complete application via e-mail to Julia Gilke (firstname.lastname@example.org).For further information, contact us on +49 (0) 221 925986 23, or visit our website (www.tsd-int.com).
Nu hittar du praktikplatserna på MyCareer.lu.se!