During my stay in Lund

Residence Permit

If you are a citizen of a country outside the EU, you require a residence permit (Swedish: uppehållstillstånd) to study at a Swedish university for a period longer than three months. You cannot enter Sweden until the permit has been granted.

If you are an EU citizen, you don't need to apply for a residence permit.

To read more about regulations about residence permit here:

Migration Office website

Co-ordination Number

Exchange students that are not eligible for Swedish Personal Identity Number (Swedish: personnummer) but would like to work and pay taxes in Sweden can get a co-ordination number (Swedish: samordningsnummer) from the Swedish Tax Agency (Swedish: Skatteverket).

Information about co-ordination numbers

You can visit the Swedish Tax Agency in Malmö. Address: Kattsundsgatan 7, Malmö. Find it on the map.

Campus life

We hope you will enjoy your stay at Lund University. You will have many opportunities to meet new friends, experience a new culture, and a unique student life.

More information about campus life

Page Manager: Gisela.Lindbergkansliht.luse | 2021-06-23