All students who study at Lund University are covered for accidents occurring within the framework of their studies (for example: during classes, while studying at a university library and while travelling from their accommodation to the University).

Insurance for incoming exchange students

The Swedish government has instituted insurance for foreign students coming to Sweden within an exchange agreement, which Lund University has acquired as a group insurance policy for all its exchange students. See terms and conditions in the column to your right. This insurance provides exchange students with coverage for certain medical expenses. It also contains some accident cover in the form of a fixed amount in conjunction with disability or death, as well as the third party liability necessary for a housing contract and coverage of legal expenses cover. It applies 24 hours a day in Sweden. This insurance applies only when there is no other insurance coverage, and the insurance only applies in Sweden, so for travel outside  Sweden you will need additional insurance which you should get in your home country. It is your own responsibility to make sure you have adequate insurance coverage. Remember to bring a certificate documenting your insurance.

European Health Insurance Card

EU/EEA citizens are required by the Swedish authorities to have comprehensive medical insurance (European Health Insurance Card) during their studies in Sweden. Please contact the health insurance institution in your home country for the required documents before coming to Sweden.
Page Manager: Gisela.Lindbergkansliht.luse | 2020-05-11