International Staff Mobility

The Joint Faculties of Humanities and Theology

Continuing professional development abroad

Take the chance to develop both professionally and personally. Opportunities for continuing professional development are open to all employees at the University. The largest programme for continuing professional development for staff is Erasmus+.

Read about Lund University's guidelines for travelling before you book a trip. Please contact your Head of Department and/or Division if you have any questions regarding this matter.

Continuing professional development for staff through Erasmus+

As an employee of Lund University, you can obtain a grant for continuing professional development via Erasmus+. You have the opportunity to travel to a (partner) university, a company or an organisation in Europe for a study visit, job shadowing or other form of continuing professional development.

You can also obtain a grant to take part in courses, seminars or workshops with a clear connection to your work. Among the opportunities available are workshops organised by a network of higher education institutions who have the Erasmus University Charter (EUC), courses organised by the EAIE (European Association for International Education) or language courses for those who are to teach in a language other than Swedish. However, the funds are primarily intended for staff who want to take part in the ongoing activities at the host university/organisation through job shadowing. You cannot apply for reimbursement of course fees, but for the cost of travel and accommodation.

List of universities holding an Erasmus Charter for Higher Education

In all cases, the mobility is to have a direct connection to the work duties of the employee in question. For example, it is not possible to take part in a course for the purpose of improving one’s general knowledge.

Organisations which are not authorised for continuing professional development are:

  • EU institutions
  • Organisations managing EU programmes

You apply through the HT International Office which also assists you through the administrative part of the application process.

There are no deadlines for application. However, please hand in your application at least one month before departure. Since funding for Mobility for other staff is limited, we recommend that you hand in your application already in September even if you plan to travel during the spring semester.

More information is available on the pages:

Other opportunities

You can also travel on an administrator’s exchange, apply for travel grants and develop international collaborations via other networks at Lund University. Find more information here.

Contact information

International coordinator
Fanni Faegersten

[Translate to English:] Flicka på tåg.

Sustainable travel

A large part of the university's climate-affecting emissions comes from business travel. Read more about how the university works with travel regulations and goals for business trips.

Page Manager: malin.sjobergkansliht.luse | 2022-08-16