Teaching staff mobility

The Joint Faculties of Humanities and Theology

Please note! In view of the current situation, Lund University asks all employees to refrain from travelling, except when it is absolutely necessary:

You can read more here.

Please contact your Head of Department and/or Division if you have any questions regarding this matter.

What does teaching staff mobility entail?

Through teaching staff mobility within Erasmus+, lecturers and doctoral students can obtain grants to teach at another university in Europe. Teaching includes all types of teaching of students in the first, second and third cycles, such as lectures, seminars, individual supervision, examinations, etc. The stay must cover at least 2 days and at least 8 hours of teaching per week (or a shorter time). The maximum duration is 2 weeks. You can only visit one higher education institution per mobility period. If you nevertheless wish to combine two adjacent universities, you need to teach for at least 8 hours in each higher education institution – this is then considered as two separate teacher exchanges (and two separate applications must be submitted).

Countries you can visit

You have the opportunity to travel to one of the countries which participates in Erasmus+ i.e. EU member states, candidate countries and the EFTA countries.

Higher education institutions to which you can apply

Teacher mobility via Erasmus+ requires an Erasmus agreement between LU and the host institution. You travel primarily to higher education institutions with which your faculty already has Erasmus agreements. If there is no agreement, a teacher mobility agreement can be set up so long as there is a contact at the partner university.

The following conditions must be met:

  • Contact the HT International Office to find out whether there are funds to finance your teacher mobility
  • The stay abroad must cover at least two (2) days and at most (2) weeks, excluding travel days, and at least eight (8) hours of teaching per week
  • There must be an Erasmus agreement or one must be set up with the host university. Contact the HT International Office if there is no existing agreement
  • Employee at Lund University
  • Completed online application approved and signed by the Erasmus coordinator Ingrid Temler at External Relations. More information on how to apply is available under "Application" in the menu on the left.

Related information

International networks
Page Manager: malin.sjobergkansliht.luse | 2022-03-04