Welcome to LUX
Joint Faculties of Humanities and Theology
LUX constitutes a new Humanities and Theology campus. The following departments are located at LUX: the Centre for Theology and Religious Studies (CTR), the Department of Arts and Cultural Sciences, the Department of Archaeology and Ancient History, the Department of History and the Department of Philosophy. The faculty office of the Joint Faculties of Humanities and Theology, the Humanities laboratory and the Humanities and Theology libraries is also located at LUX.
LUX Opening hours
Due to covid-19 LUX has changed opening hours
The building is closed to the public until further notice. Just LU-empployees and LU -students can enter with LU-card + pin.
LU-employees and LU-students have access to the main entrances weekdays 8.00 am - 5.00 pm.
HT-employees have always access.
The entrances are open Monday to Friday 6:30 am - 10:00 pm and Saturday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm for HT-students and Department of Communication and Media students holding a LU-card and pin.
The building is also open when there are any planned acitivities in it. Use the ordinary doors.
Special opening hours:
- Reception The reception is located in the atrium of the LUX-centre.
- Premises On this page you will find overview maps and practical information regarding the LUX-centre, such as information about accessibility, computer facilities and places to study.
- Exams at LUX Here you can read about general examination rules that are applicable for students writing exams in the LUX-centre. We also recommend that you read department specific instructions about exams.
- Caretaker The Caretaker’s office at LUX is located in building A, room 128.
- Departments and units
- Art at LUX At LUX you can find art from the Lund university art collection, and a collection of works on permanent loan from the Public Art Agency Sweden.