The task of the Academic Appointments Board is to prepare the appointment of academic teaching staff, that is, the appointment of professors, senior lecturers, postdoctoral research fellows and lecturers. The Academic Appointments Board also prepares matters concerning promotion to unsalaried readerships (oavlönad docentur).
The Academic Appointments Board has six members – four teachers and two students – which represent the Faculties of Humanities and Theology. Experts in the relevant subject are appointed to give their opinions on the qualifications of applicants to specific positions. In the appointment of professors, three experts are engaged, and in the appointment of senior lecturers, two experts are appointed. For decisions regarding appointments to unsalaried readerships, one expert is appointed.
Trial lectures Spring 2020
In the appointment of teaching positions trial lectures are held with selected candidates. See dates for upcoming trial lectures below. Note that these dates are preliminary until candidates have been called.
- April 17 – Senior lecturer in Swedish/Scandinavian languages I (PA2019/2399)
- May 19 – Professor of Archaeology
- May 26 – Senior lecturer in human rights studies
- Johannes Persson (chairperson)
- Stephan Borgehammar (member)
- Bibi Jonsson (member)
- Karin Salomonsson (member)
- Alexander Nymark (member, student)
- Ryszard Bobrowicz (member, research student)
- Marit Julien (reserve member)
- Max Liljefors (reserve member)
- Jayne Svenungsson (reserve member)
- Ulf Zander (reserve member)