Research at the Joint Faculties of Humanities and Theology at Lund displays immense variety and scope. It ranges from explorations of the largest existential questions to investigations of tiny details on whose precise significance whole areas of human knowledge rest. All those who are involved in it have one thing in common: an insatiable curiosity about what it means to be a human being.
Among the Lund research specialities that have been singled out as especially interesting in recent research evaluations are cognition and language, theoretical and practical philosophy, history, grammar and language acquisition, Biblical scholarship, 19th- and 20th-century literature in several languages, and area studies, especially the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and China. But Lund scholars achieve high international distinction in a number of other fields as well, including cultural sciences, archaeology, and the history of religion. New projects are constantly emerging, some of them with the interdisciplinary orientation that is a special strategic aim for Lund University as a whole.
Look at the individual departmental homepages for more information about our research.
- Centre for Languages and Literature
- Centre for Theology and Religious Studies (in Swedish only)
- Department of Archaeology and Ancient History (in Swedish only)
- Department of Cultural Sciences
- Department of Educational Sciences (in Swedish only)
- Department of History (in Swedish only)
- Department of Media, Communication and Journalism
- Department of Philosophy